There are two features (one old and one new) in the Google Apps Management console that we think should be of interest to all GAT Admins.
The first feature will be of particular interest to ISD and other school Admins. This functionality will allow you to inject a ‘bad word list’ into a mail filter that Google will apply to all inbound and outbound emails. You can use GAT+Email to refine the filter in the first instance.
- Sign in to the Google Admin console.
- Do one of the following:
- In the classic Admin console, click Settings > Gmail.
- In the new Admin console, click Google Apps > Gmail > Advanced settings.
- Where is it? Which Admin console do I have?
- In the Organizations section, highlight your domain or the organizational unit for which you want to configure this setting (see Configure email settings for an organizational unit for more details).
The second feature will allow you make sure all email sent with your domain extension is recorded in the associated Gmail email box. This could be useful where you have alerting systems or other mail generating servers that use your domain extension. Routing them through Google will now not only record the message but allow them to be audited by GAT+Email.
You might also find these posts relevant: