We’re making Access Transparency for G Suite generally available. Access Transparency enables you to get more visibility into actions taken by Google staff related to your data. You can view the reason for each access, including references to specific support tickets where relevant, which may help you support your audit requirements.
Access Transparency is available to G Suite Enterprise and G Suite Enterprise for Education customers only.
Why you’d use it
At G Suite, we work hard to earn and maintain trust with our customers. Access Transparency supports this commitment to customer trust by giving you fine grained logs of actions taken by Google staff and the reason for each access, including references to specific support tickets where relevant.
Access Transparency may help you:
- Verify why Google is accessing your data, such as fixing a fault or attending to your requests.
- Bring your audit controls closer to what you can expect on premise.
How to get started
A Sample view of the new report for G Suite Access Transparency
Access Transparency will allow admins to:
- View the reason for data access, including references to specific support tickets where relevant.
- Verify why Google staff is accessing your data, such as fixing a fault or attending to your requests.
- View and download logs to help you support your regulatory audits or data archival needs, showing extensive information such as accessor location, access justification, and the action taken on a specific resource.